Aerogel is a synthetic porous ultralight material derived from a gel, in which the liquid component of the gel has been replaced with a gas. The result is a solid with extremely low density and lowthermal conductivity. Nicknames include frozen smoke, solid smoke, solid air, or blue smoke owing to its translucent nature and the way light scatters in the material. It feels like fragile expanded polystyrene to the touch. Aerogels can be made from a variety of chemical compounds.
Aerogel was first created by Samuel Stephens Kistler in 1931, as a result of a bet with Charles Learned over who could replace the liquid in ''jellies'' with gas without causing shrinkage.
Aerogels are produced by extracting the liquid component of a gel through supercritical drying. This allows the liquid to be slowly dried off without causing the solid matrix in the gel to collapse fromcapillary action, as would happen with conventional evaporation. The first aerogels were produced from silica gels. Kistler's later work involved aerogels based on alumina, chromia and tin dioxide. Carbonaerogels were first developed in the late 1980s.
Material: Fiberglass + Nano Silica Aerogel
Applicable Temperature: -200℃ ~ +1000℃
Hydrophobicity: Absolute Hydrophobicity (Below 350℃)
Thermal Conductivity: 0.012 - 0.018w/m·k (At 25℃)
Low Temperature Bending: ≤99%
Breaking Elongation: 65%
Bending Strength: 45KP
Compressive Strength: 32N
Application Scope: Various high temperature pipes
Thickness: 3mm / 6mm / 10mm
Size: (L)X(W) 20x15cm / 7.87''x5.91''(appr.)
* Excellent heat insulation effect.
* Reducing the thickness of insulation layer. A small loss of heat insulation, high space utilization rate.
* Hydrophobicity and fire resistance to effectively prevent water entering the pipe, internal equipment.
* Convenient construction, lightweight and easy to cut and sew to adapt to different shapes of pipes and equipment.
* Mainly used for industrial pipelines, storage tanks, industrial furnace, power plant, lifesaving cabin, ship bulkheads, household appliances, etc.
1 Pcs Aerogel Insulation Mat